Choosing healthier foods is easier than you think. By changing just a few eating habits you can make a big difference to your diet. Remember, small changes can make a big overall difference to your diet.
Why not try these small changes when you have your next meal or drink.
- Swap from whole milk to semi-skimmed, 1% fat or even skimmed milk
- Swap from a sugar-coated breakfast cereal to a whole grain breakfast cereal such as porridge or shredded whole grain wheat cereal with no added sugar
- Swap full-fat yogurt for a lower-fat Greek or natural yogurt
- Swap white bread, bagels & muffins for whole grain varieties
- Swap regular cheese for a low-fat cheese
- Swap creamy or cheese sauces for tomato/vegetable based sauces on your pasta, meat or fish dishes
- Swap from frying food to grilling it
- Swap a cordial for a cordial with no added sugar
- Swap a few of your sugar drinks for a glass of water
All of this information & more can be found on: